Wednesday, September 9, 2009

and another day here across the country. There is no pretending I am in Oregon here, and it's not just the humidty. Every small shop you walk into is playing christian music, and even the movie theatres and large chain shops continue this trend. People really are as nice as you have heard they are here, and i'm finding myself talking slower every day and throwing a few more "ya'lls" into things. ha Apparently here in the Nashville/Franklin area there are more churches per capita than any other city. amazing. It must be different here. The feeling of being part of a movement, and believing in something that every one else around you also believes. In a sense, it makes me wish it was easy like it is here to live out my faith. But not enough to keep me from missing home, and the easiness of my small church.
I think its easy to get jaded in this town. So many people come here to persue their dreams, and then they fall in to the monotonous routine of networking at church, and schmoozing anyone who seems to know a note of music in case they may be an industry worker. And one day you wake up and realize that you aren't even living out your dream anymore. youre just pretending in a sense, going with the motions to get what everyone else around you wants. and all the sudden you realize you got so caught up in the bright lights that you forgot why YOU even want it anymore. I hope i never lose my love for true music.
keep me grounded ok? no matter what happens.
i dont want to forget that I have something good to say.

well, God is good. and I am amazed at how much he gives. This trip couldn't be a bigger blessing.

here are the lyrics to the song we(Rob Ghosh and I) Wrote today. its super folky 'The New Frontiers'y. haha im excited to get an awesome piano part together that compliments the simple acoustic guitar.

"See you Again"

v1
slow like winter days
i see it, i see it
it's on my window pane
but time keeps on moving and

this is the last time, i pray
i wish you would mean what you say

chorus
But i know your voice will keep me from breaking down
i just wish you'd save me from this town
though i don't know who i am
i'll see you again

v2
Rain keeps falling down
soft on the pavement
it makes a simple sound
but i can not hear it

i just get a little afraid
when the nights slip away from the day

chorus
but i know your voice will keep me from breaking down
i'd just wish you'd save me from this town
though i don't know who i am
i'll see you again

i'll see you, i'll see you, I'll see you again...

and this is the last time, i pray
i wish you would mean what you say

chorus

but dark days will come to an end
and we'll put all our feelings to pen
though i don't know who i am...

i'll see you again



<3 love.

2 comments:

Joel Arken said...

It's the same here, Holly.

I still pretend that I'm in Portland, though, most days.

Unknown said...

When you get back, I'd love to chew the fat about living in a christian culture. I grew up in one (texas). God is growing you, Holly. What a privilege to get to share in the experience!